The Modern Chinese Workbook 1B provides ample exercises to hone each student’s reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in the target Chinese language. The workbook includes:
– Various exercises aim to help students absorb the new vocabulary and structure notes introduced in each lesson,
– Practice sections emphasize character recognition, pinyin accuracy, and mastery of grammar,
– Character writing sections guide students with stroke order recognition,
– Lesson vocabulary and structure notes are reviewed in passages, narratives, and other authentic materials, and
– Speaking exercises encourage active production of Chinese sentences using audio recording tools that are also available online.
University students currently enrolled at a course in Australia or New Zealand who have purchased a new version of the hardcopy workbook from the Jiale Zhongwen website can also access the digital version for one year by joining their teacher’s digital class. The join code and instructions will be provided by the teacher. Digital workbook can be accessed at mc.betterchinese.com on laptop or on iPad using the Modern Chinese Workbook app.